It is now time for me to release my next EP Nights & Weekends. For those of you who know, this is my summer record that dives into all the wrong aspects of life in your 20′s: the misguided adventures, the foreign bathrooms, diner trips at 3am, hook-ups with the wrong women, losing trips to Atlantic City, and staying in bed till 5pm on Saturday’s.
The EP is nine tracks long with a bonus remix. Here’s the full tracklisting:
1. “Creme De Menthe” (prod by Zilla Rocca)
2. “Vaguely Jamaican Part 2″ (prod by Zilla Rocca)
3. “Black Cherry” (prod by Zilla Rocca)
4. “Full Spectrum” (prod by Dr Quandary) feat Has-Lo
5. “Alicia Interlude” (prod by Floodwatch)
6. “Something Good” (prod by Zilla Rocca) feat Curly Castro & My Man Shafe
7. “New Year’s Eve 2003″ (prod by Brian Brizzo) feat Nex Millen
8. “Michael Caine Glasses” (prod by Has-Lo)
9. “Devil’s Pie (D’Angelo Cover)” (prod by Small Professor)
10. BONUS CUT “Full Spectrum (Man Mantis Remix)” feat Has-Lo
I remember the oppressive times of indie/DIY artists when we used to pool together money, press up 1,200 CDs, and sit on boxes of unsold discs forever. I’m pretty sure my one ex-girlfriend has 800 copies of the first CD I ever pressed up in ’06. Kickstarter is a godsend in that regard.
I’m looking to press up some thick jewel cased CD’s, two variations of t-shirts that are inspired by Mad Men, Sinatra, Darwyn Cooke, and Philip Marlowe, and buy Super 8 film to shoot the video for “Full Spectrum” featuring Has-Lo. Plus anyone who donates $500+ gets an autographed Stetson from yours truly on top of so much shwag, you’ll feel like Turtle on the first season of Entourage. But I’m not looking for ridiculous lobbyist contributions; Kickstarter allows you to donate even a buck. You can still get a condom in Pennsylvania road stops for that price.
So here’s the link to contribute to the project along with a video and full breakdown of goodies per donation level.
The deadline is July 31. Feel free to spread the word. Thanks guys.
Here’s a little treat to hold you over from the EP.
“Michael Caine Glasses” prod by Has-Lo and inspired by Get Carter, Pulp, and Harry Brown